Creative Europe is a new programm for 2014-2010. The main goal is to join the synergies from both media and culture sector also create exchange of good practices. With a final budget of 1,462 billion euros – almost ¼ lower than the one proposed by the European Commission in the beginning – this framework will bring together the current programmes of Culture 2007-2013, MEDIA 2007-2013 and MEDIA Mundus, plus the European Capitals of Culture and the European labels for heritage. It will also provide a new financial guarantee facility to diversify and make easier the project funding.
The first calls for proposals are now open:
- Cooperation Projects;
- European Platform Projects;
- European Networks;
- Literary Translation Projects.
- Video Games;
- Audience Development;
- International Coproduction Funds;
- Market Access Single Action;
- Market Access Framework Partnership;
- Cinema Network;
- Distribution Automatic Scheme;
- Sales Agent;
- Distribution Selective Scheme;
- Film Festivals;
- TV Programming.
Introduction to the Media Programme: